Are you afraid of death?

Vaderofdarkness997

In certain pagan beliefs (including my own), you only permanently die when it’s your time. Until you’ve fulfilled yourself completely, you travel to the Summerland and stay until it’s time to be reincarnated. In this sense, no. I don’t fear death for myself.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just afraid of dying before my parents. No parent should outlive their kid.

Other than that no I'm not really afraid. I'll still have instincts and reflexes that'll kick in, like preventing myself during a fall or during traffic - that's only natural.

Preferably I'll die without injuries or accidents lol.

I don't see much purpose or joy in the future. As long as I die after my parents it's OK.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

i dont fear dying. i need the rest. life has been very difficult for me and i am tired. however, i have this amazing child i'm raising that i owe every part of my being to.. so i have some shit to accomplish before i can just be okay with resting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not afraid of death if I die for a reason like if I’m saving someone’s life and I know I have a higher chance of dying that doesn’t scare me now dying for no reason what so ever that messes with my head sometimes but I’ve learned to accept my death no matter how I die I just would rather die for a reason then no reason at all 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I often think of a well-known concept when I am asked this question. The term memento mori, or "remember you must die," is a thought that has existed since classical antiquity, and it implies life is what you make it. Knowing we are mortal can help us realize what to prioritize during our time here on Earth. Personally, this concept empowers me to make the most of each day, as I hope it does to others. Therefore, I do not fear death.

• Like 1

Take time to consider two points of view with regard to death.

The Atheist: Believes that once the body stops working, all conciseness stops and nothing exist.

The Christian: Believes that once the body stops working, the soul moves on to another place.

Considerations.

If the Atheist is correct the Christian has nothing to worry about as they won’t know their wrong.

If the Christian is correct the Atheist will have to deal with a whole new reality.

Just saying 🦊