Online Dating

BreatheAshley

Awful. dated a guy on and off for like 4 or 5 years, constantly cheated on me, had fake pictures, etc. Every person I met online just never worked out. I met my fiance in person and we've been together 10 years. 

For some online dating is great but for me I could never try it again.

• Sad 1

Currently in a long distance relationship. We met on facebook, talked online/dated for 2 years before even meeting in person because I am in Canada and he is in the US.
We still don't live in the same country but we did get engaged this past December and we also got to spend our first christmas eve/christmas and new years eve together. Will be 4 years together the end of this April.

138061447_10157410914530771_7235251652053103104_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I once went on a date with this girl whom i met on chemistry.com and within the first 5 minutes of meeting her i knew it wasn't going to be a second date. She was burping while talking and not even once say anything about her abnormal digestive pattern. She did it twice; or who knows she probably did it on purpose as a way to tell me no second date :uhuh:

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Insomnia said:

I once went on a date with this girl whom i met on chemistry.com and within the first 5 minutes of meeting her i knew it wasn't going to be a second date. She was burping while talking and not even once say anything about her abnormal digestive pattern. She did it twice; or who knows she probably did it on purpose as a way to tell me no second date :uhuh:

Oh wow, that's crazy. 

On 2/2/2021 at 11:14 AM, NerdCake said:

Awful. dated a guy on and off for like 4 or 5 years, constantly cheated on me, had fake pictures, etc. Every person I met online just never worked out. I met my fiance in person and we've been together 10 years. 

For some online dating is great but for me I could never try it again.

So happy you finally found someone wonderful. 

Met a guy through Bumble last year. He's a fellow artist and I actually learned a lot about the industry because of him. After a few dates, the spark died down eventually as we were talking more as friends instead of potential lovers. We both decided that we each have our own relationship issues to deal with. It wasn't going to work, but hey, I gained a connection in the art industry. 

• Like 1

Met my ex fiancé on a FB group. Did a LDR for about 5 years with him coming to visit me often. He was mentally and emotionally abusive, and if he hadn’t been afraid of my mom, he probably would have been physically abusive, too. There were times when he acted like he was going to hit me but stopped himself when he realized my mom was in the other room, so he resorted to breaking shit and then blaming me for it. 

Met a guy on a dating cult on VF after I left that first asshole. The guy constantly played with my head. Another LDR. We were “sort of but not really but still sort of a thing” for like a year, then he said “hey, you’ve been there for me while I mentally tortured you and made you feel inferior, so let’s date for real!” It lasted maybe 6 months. He met up with an old school friend after a while and decided to kick me to the curb because I “wasn’t working hard enough to close the gap.” I had lost my ok paying job, had to take a lesser paying job and had no vacation time, meanwhile he was the one with a good paying job, vacation time, etc. but wanted me to do all the work. 

I’ve come across a plethora of creeps in between. The owner of my favorite bar (in his mid 60s) tried to match with me multiple times with different account on OKCupid, which makes going there very awkward now. Had guys ok OKC and other sites stalk me at work when I rejected them. A couple got weird because I made it clear that I’m not into flings, one night stands or poly relationships and got threatening when I told them to fuck off if that was all they were looking for. It was not fun. 

I’m with my best friend now. I started off basically being the merch girl/groupie for his band. Now we’ve been together for a year and I’m happier than I’ve ever been. 

In short, fuck online dating. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I met my wife on TeenSpot back in the day. We talked and hit it off pretty quickly. We were married 4 years before she passed away.  So I'll forever be grateful to online dating because it gave me the best four years of my life. I'm back on the dating scene now, and I'm talking to someone using online. It's only a 2 1/2 hour drive, but with both of us having odd hours and kids, it's hard to find time. But online tides us over in the meantime. 

• Love 2

• 4 months later...