Weirdest Food

SulisRayne

The weirdest thing that I've eaten was unripe mango dipped into sweet/spicy fish sauce

I would like to try durian..lots of people cannot eat that so i wanted to try

What i wouldn't eat is snake! Certain countries eat them...im afraid of snake just as much as eating snake 🐍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GothicChurro said:

ranch flavored crickets was the weirdest thing i ate. i would like to try squid or eel, something i wont eat even if someone gives me a million bucks for it is snails. 

First time I've heard of ranch flavored crickets, and it's definitely one of the weirdest i think. Squid is delicious! (as long as it's cooked with enough herbs and is not overdone). Snails taste good too 😁 although i know a lot of people really find them gross

9 hours ago, Pete said:

The weirdest thing that I've eaten was unripe mango dipped into sweet/spicy fish sauce

I would like to try durian..lots of people cannot eat that so i wanted to try

What i wouldn't eat is snake! Certain countries eat them...im afraid of snake just as much as eating snake 🐍

I'm curious - where have you tried unripe mango in fish sauce? It's a favorite snack where I come from lol. I cant stand the smell and taste of durian, but i like it when made into a candy. Snake... Probably just once and then never again lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SulisRayne said:

First time I've heard of ranch flavored crickets, and it's definitely one of the weirdest i think. Squid is delicious! (as long as it's cooked with enough herbs and is not overdone). Snails taste good too 😁 although i know a lot of people really find them gross

I'm curious - where have you tried unripe mango in fish sauce? It's a favorite snack where I come from lol. I cant stand the smell and taste of durian, but i like it when made into a candy. Snake... Probably just once and then never again lol

One of my vietnamese friends 👍

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, DeathinDarkness said:

I've seen chocolate-covered insects more than a few times but have never tried any of them. After reading your response, I kind of want to eat them, just for interest if nothing else. Maybe one day!

I think you’ll be surprised. Not all insects are editable, but the ones that are happen to be nutritious 🦊

• Like 1