Ever experience sleep paralysis?

Pete

I have felt like I was going into the early stages of it, but was weird and don't know if I did. I felt half awake and half asleep.ย 

My bf has experienced it a few times and has had shadow figures hover over him and feel a pressure on him. I always found that freaky.ย 

I heard that it could also be a symptom of Narcolepsy. The paralysis and possible hallucinations *shrugs*

• Like 1

On 1/23/2021 at 1:15 PM, Pete said:

Ive never heard anything about blood types..thats scary cause i dont even know my blood type

ย 

People also say certain blood type is less susceptible to COVID19

yep, the O's. if youre into rabbit holes, look into the A-, B-, AB-, and O- groups and how theyre different from the positives. theres a theory that they evolved separately from the other group in various ways, etc.

I'm O neg.ย  so i think i had covid during the entire month of december but i was never approved for a test becauseย i never had a fever, never lost my taste, and my symptoms werent really bad with the most popular red flags.ย  i just had alot of mucous going on. and it seemed to last forever. i think i just got my voice back to normal.

expanding on this topic for the O's ..specifically RH negative O's, some of them are resistant to HIV as well due to mutations in their CD4 cells (which the HIV virus uses to hijack and replicate)

these are just some things ive come across, for the sake of entertainment. take with a grain of salt.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Raynu said:

but back to the sleep paralysis and the shadow figures... what do you think the shadow figures are?

Honestly I have no ideas. I think our brains don't know what cause the body to be that way so it had to fill in the gaps by making up shadows. Just like when our eyes see parts of things and the rest the brain just fills them in.

For example, if we are in the forest and we see just parts of the tiger behind the trees, our brain will interpret it as a "tiger" but not "pieces" of the tiger floating behind the trees

Thats what i think but who knows

• Like 1

I've had it a few times but I never see dark figures. I am always being drowned or burned alive. I can't move- It engulfs me. Once when I broke free literally was gagging as if I was coughing up water. It's very unnerving. It always starts out as if I'm actually awake and go to lay down or leave the house- and then everything begins to warp as I'm frozen in my tracks and either water or fire takes over, everywhere. I'm not afraid of either element either so I don't honestly know what my mind is doing.ย 

9 hours ago, rancidelle42 said:

I've had it a few times but I never see dark figures. I am always being drowned or burned alive. I can't move- It engulfs me. Once when I broke free literally was gagging as if I was coughing up water. It's very unnerving. It always starts out as if I'm actually awake and go to lay down or leave the house- and then everything begins to warp as I'm frozen in my tracks and either water or fire takes over, everywhere. I'm not afraid of either element either so I don't honestly know what my mind is doing.ย 

That is terrifying! :blackcat:

25 minutes ago, KuroTenshi said:

I have and I hate it. It feels like someone is holding me down and I can barely breathe. Whatever is holding me down always takes the form of a shadowy thin figure with long skinny fingers, hollow eyes and sharp teeth.ย 

Now that is scary! It seems like we all seeing different shadows and figures. What if those are actual entities holdingus down!?!ย 

On 1/18/2021 at 4:13 PM, Pete said:

Have you ever experienced sleep paralysis before and what was it like for you?

scooby doo monster GIF

Only once. I woke up because I felt the door to the guest room open so I assumed it was my grandma. She used to check up on us in the middle of the night, or go to the guest room to get a few books to read. I waited and waited but she didn't talk and I couldn't see her from my view. When I tried to move, I couldn't. I gotย a bit panicky because that time, I didn't know what sleep paralysis was lol.

I eventually was able to force myself to move, then rushed to my grandparents' room. Turns out my grandma didn't visit me and had just been reading in their room the whole time. It was around 3am. I made an excuse, made a makeshift bed on their floor, and slept there lol. It's been about a decade, but I never slept alone in the guest room since.ย 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Yes, I have.

I was out drinking with a (platonic) girlfriend a year or four ago. It was fun and eventually went to pass out in her place.
The dream itself was horrible. I was out on a date with the very same girl. I used to have feelings for her. Anyway, we went past this German cab; or at least I thought she spoke German. We live in Finland so I got immediately suspicious. Why would a German cab drive around in a Finnish town? I told her to follow me and we kept going to this square in the middle of our city. Suddenly the sky turned crimson and the girl had all but disappeared. She was nowhere to be seen or heard. One by one I started seeing these black, cloaked figures. They were approaching me, speaking in a language I couldn't understand. With the "German" cab, I had this intuitive feeling that she spoke said language. This time I had no fucking clue what they were saying.
Anyway, the figures came in closer and closer, still chanting in that made up language. I tried to scream and run, but I couldn't do either. The voice just never left my lungs and I couldn't move my body. I was completely paralyzed. I slowly began to wake in sheer terror, but couldn't open my eyes. I was fully conscious, however. I was absolutely sure that one of the figures was next to me and tried to scream for help. I was too quiet and nobody woke up to help me. It took me several minutes to regain control of my body. Or at least it felt like several minutes. I can't quite remember.

I wound up writing a song about it which is the closing track of my band's debut album...

On 7/13/2021 at 4:06 AM, NikkiAngelus said:

Yes, I have.

I was out drinking with a (platonic) girlfriend a year or four ago. It was fun and eventually went to pass out in her place.
The dream itself was horrible. I was out on a date with the very same girl. I used to have feelings for her. Anyway, we went past this German cab; or at least I thought she spoke German. We live in Finland so I got immediately suspicious. Why would a German cab drive around in a Finnish town? I told her to follow me and we kept going to this square in the middle of our city. Suddenly the sky turned crimson and the girl had all but disappeared. She was nowhere to be seen or heard. One by one I started seeing these black, cloaked figures. They were approaching me, speaking in a language I couldn't understand. With the "German" cab, I had this intuitive feeling that she spoke said language. This time I had no fucking clue what they were saying.
Anyway, the figures came in closer and closer, still chanting in that made up language. I tried to scream and run, but I couldn't do either. The voice just never left my lungs and I couldn't move my body. I was completely paralyzed. I slowly began to wake in sheer terror, but couldn't open my eyes. I was fully conscious, however. I was absolutely sure that one of the figures was next to me and tried to scream for help. I was too quiet and nobody woke up to help me. It took me several minutes to regain control of my body. Or at least it felt like several minutes. I can't quite remember.

I wound up writing a song about it which is the closing track of my band's debut album...

So at least the experience was a positive in that you got creative and wrote a song. Thatโ€™s great ๐ŸฆŠ

• Thanks 1