Books

PoetryGurl4591

• 4 months later...

I'm currently reading about demonology, true crime, esoteric, paranormal romance, novelizations-movie tie in books.

Demons & Demonology- Rosemary Ellen Guiley

Satanic panic- (Pop culture paranoia in the 1980's)

Esoteric books- Konstantinos 

The Clophill Diaries

Paranormal romance- Sookie stackhouse series by Charlaine harris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia, from Deleuze and Guatari. Recommended to anyone who is interested in schizo-analysis. Such a book critics the Oedipus dogma in psychotherapy: not every person can work under the Father-Mother-Son paradigm; the nature of desire, how the unconsciousness is hijacked by the Oedipus, schizophrenia as a production method...

• Like 1

Funny, I thought I was the only one to say 'I'm reading a Graphic Novel'.  I'm reading the last issue in the Kolchak series.  It's great!  It's better than the TV series in that so far each story rolls off onto each other.  I'm heaps keen to see how it ends as the TV series just sort of finished without any grand finale....which is okay but I want something bigger.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 5:48 PM, Karlos2006 said:

Funny, I thought I was the only one to say 'I'm reading a Graphic Novel'.  I'm reading the last issue in the Kolchak series.  It's great!  It's better than the TV series in that so far each story rolls off onto each other.  I'm heaps keen to see how it ends as the TV series just sort of finished without any grand finale....which is okay but I want something bigger.

Just got a random idea. How about a "Colour it in Graphic Novel"? People can read it and colour it in as they go. What do you think? 🦊

I've started going through the 30 Days of Night series.  It's a great story!  It's creepy BUT would be a lot better off as a book series and movie (they only made two films and one short film).  The films were better than the graphic novels and a big problem I have with the series is the illustrations aren't as accurate as other Graphic Novels I've read making it hard to understand.  The colours and tone are great!  Despite the inaccuracy of illustrations it's a great idea for a Vampire story and worth reading.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 6:27 AM, Karlos2006 said:

I've started going through the 30 Days of Night series.  It's a great story!  It's creepy BUT would be a lot better off as a book series and movie (they only made two films and one short film).  The films were better than the graphic novels and a big problem I have with the series is the illustrations aren't as accurate as other Graphic Novels I've read making it hard to understand.  The colours and tone are great!  Despite the inaccuracy of illustrations it's a great idea for a Vampire story and worth reading.

Sounds like a good read. In what way was or is it creepy? 🦊

I guess it's creepy in the way that Borrow was so isolated especially in the weather conditions and the town was overpowered.  The Vampires in the films were the scariest because they weren't sexy or seductive, they were monstorous and didn't talk much which add to the creepiness.  Also...when one of the Vampires does talk he describes what it's like to be one and turns out they are in constant pain of hunger.

Which makes it worse because you don't want to be killed by one and DEFINANTLY don't wanna' be turned into one!  

Mind you....that's in the movie, the graphic novel series not so much.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 9:30 AM, Karlos2006 said:

I guess it's creepy in the way that Borrow was so isolated especially in the weather conditions and the town was overpowered.  The Vampires in the films were the scariest because they weren't sexy or seductive, they were monstorous and didn't talk much which add to the creepiness.  Also...when one of the Vampires does talk he describes what it's like to be one and turns out they are in constant pain of hunger.

Which makes it worse because you don't want to be killed by one and DEFINANTLY don't wanna' be turned into one!  

Mind you....that's in the movie, the graphic novel series not so much.

Sounds a little like the cult classic Nosferatu. Thanks 🦊

6A499861-7BCC-4BAF-B08B-FFDDCAF3A440.jpeg

Edited by Trappernicus
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 7:30 AM, xXDarklyAngelXx said:

Currently reading the newest Teen Titans comics novels

It really cool where someone is basically rewirteing them, and in comic form but in hard back books and set in the modern era

Raven is basically your modern day goth chick and I love it tbh

Oh hell yeah!  I watched Season 1 & 2 on Netflix and loved it!  Makes Robin look heaps cool too!  Mind you....I watched Teen Titans GO first so it was bit of a transition for me.  LOL

• Like 1

This is the second in a series of books, anyone else read these?   Thinking about reading them again.  They're two series of books, Necroscope and Vampire World.  Necroscope is about a British Secret Agent named Harry Keogh that has Psychic powers, he can communicate with the dead and transport himself anywhere in the world. It's set during the Cold War so Keogh is sent to spy on the Soviets that are working on a portal hidden in the Carpathians.  Bit like Stargate but with a darker, supernatural theme.  Vampire World is about a fantasy world that has well....Vampires and more Vampires!  It's linked in with the Necroscope series too.  I love it because it combines horror, sci-fi, fantasy and action all in one!  Highly recommend.  Always wished they'd make a movie of it.

Necroscope2ByBrianLumley.jpg

• Like 1