Have you been vaccinated?

Insomnia

• 1 month later...

I got the Pfizer, both shots. I admittedly had some side effects with mensuration but they subsided after 4 months. I'm very happy I got it! My bf works in a field where he's exposed to COVID frequently and it's been very comforting to know we both have protection and that our risk of giving it other people is lowered.

Also, I saw it mentioned that we still have to wear masks. Yes, we do! Because, people are STILL refusing. That said, while I want and encourage people to get vaccinated, I don't support mandates. It's a violation of rights imo. People should have the freedom of choice. It just happens to be that getting the vaccine is my preferred choice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jack said:

I got the Pfizer, both shots. I admittedly had some side effects with mensuration but they subsided after 4 months. I'm very happy I got it! My bf works in a field where he's exposed to COVID frequently and it's been very comforting to know we both have protection and that our risk of giving it other people is lowered.

Also, I saw it mentioned that we still have to wear masks. Yes, we do! Because, people are STILL refusing. That said, while I want and encourage people to get vaccinated, I don't support mandates. It's a violation of rights imo. People should have the freedom of choice. It just happens to be that getting the vaccine is my preferred choice.

Oddly the vaccines don’t guarantee you want still get Covid19. Which is why they, governments etc, are pushing for booster shots. You mention it affected your menstruation; have you read any of the reports on the affect the vaccine has on the reproductive system and fertility? 🦊

9 minutes ago, Trappernicus said:

Oddly the vaccines don’t guarantee you want still get Covid19. Which is why they, governments etc, are pushing for booster shots. You mention it affected your menstruation; have you read any of the reports on the affect the vaccine has on the reproductive system and fertility? 🦊

I don't understand the reasoning behind a person refusing to take the shot for fertility. It doesn't make sense given your chances of being alive to care for any children you might bear goes out the window if you die from COVID. Getting the shot doesn't prevent it entirely but it does reduce the risk and I'm good with that. And, correct! It did effect my cycle and I've been open about that issue as it's something openly being studied in people AFAB. After each shot, I started bleeding. It lasted 4 months and I bled every other week. My experience wasn't too bad as the bleeding wasn't too heavy to make me ill. It was just a brief unsettling period in time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nivram said:

no but i am at the hospital now getting ready to be tested. If i have it i get a nice 2 week paid vacation :shmoopy:

I mean, a 2 week vacation is nice but I really hope you don't have it. My bf and I had have had it at least once and it's not fun. If you do have it, I hope your recovery is fast!

2 hours ago, Jack said:

I mean, a 2 week vacation is nice but I really hope you don't have it. My bf and I had have had it at least once and it's not fun. If you do have it, I hope your recovery is fast!

Some get it worse than others thats for sure. I had it last year for 2 days. I had cold sweats, no appetite and just slept for 2 days. I take a daily multi-vitamin and im around alot of people whether at work or on public transportaion. It was important to get check for the sake of my co-workers.

I have had both my Pfizer shots. Slight headache that lasted a few hours after the second. I booked mine as soon as I could. My whole family including all my children plus my siblings and parents have also been vaccinated. 

I had far worse side effects after getting the whooping cough vaccine a couple of years ago.  

• Like 3