Do you still remember your old forums/clubs?

retrotoons

:blackcat:

What's up you freaks and geeks

Do you remember the old forums, clubs and / or groups you were once a part of? If so what were they about and are you still active there (assuming they haven't been closed down)?

I'm asking because today, I discovered my old profile on an anime forum, from 2008! God I was so cringey back then. :headshake: :laughchair:

The memories that flooded back were something else. :rofl:

Edited by retrotoons

On 4/14/2021 at 9:02 PM, retrotoons said:

SO WAS I!

:rofl:

I had so many cringey moments back then but it was fun. It was nice to upgrade your character too.

There was also this classic meme back then:* I put on my cape and wizard hat*

On 4/15/2021 at 6:25 AM, NerdCake said:

Oh my gosh is Gaia still up and running? I forgot all about that. :lol: I wasn't very active on there though I was a little intimidated haha 

Lmao i loved gaia online! I used to spend hours fishing stuff and playing zomg! lol. There was a point i became rich coz of the marketplace 😂 those were the days

And yas, upgrading the avatars were awesome. They never ran out of cool items to wear. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, retrotoons! Many of the forums of which I used to be part now either are no longer active or not the same as they once were. I liked film sites in particular because I enjoyed asking and answering questions. Now it is not the same experience. 😞 Thankfully, VampyFreaks is amazing!, and I feel right at home here, as I hope everyone else does! :vampbat:

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 1:59 PM, DeathinDarkness said:

Hello, retrotoons! Many of the forums of which I used to be part now either are no longer active or not the same as they once were. I liked film sites in particular because I enjoyed asking and answering questions. Now it is not the same experience. 😞 Thankfully, VampyFreaks is amazing!, and I feel right at home here, as I hope everyone else does! :vampbat:

I agree Vampy Freaks is great. Though it has become rather quite recently. Not sure why. 🦊

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DeathinDarkness said:

I've noticed this as well, Trappernicus. I'm curious why members aren't as active at the moment. Hopefully, we'll see more engagement as we move forward.

I think it's a change in social attitudes. People don't seem as interested or invested in staying in groups like they used to. Many social groups like the Masons, Rotary, Toastmasters and such are having trouble getting new members. With the internet and a short attention span it seems people are channel switching social groups. Would that be called "Social Switching"? 🦊

• 4 weeks later...