Jump to content

Hey I'm Jesseka, the crazy animal lady :')


NerdCake
 Share

Recommended Posts

Why hello, I'm Jesseka, you can call me Jess. I live in NS, Canada (Very cold, winter makes having animals a struggle. lol) Last year we started out hobby farm and I have big plans for the future! 

So indoors we have: 

1 Cat (Diesel, grey 10 years old) 

2 Dogs (German Shepard/lab mix and a German Shepard/everything mix lol) 

4 guinea pigs! (2 girls in one cage and 2 boys in another cage) 

 

Outside: 

2 Cows, Momma and her baby. 

7 Chickens but I have an order in for 13 more in the spring. 

Also I hope one of my hens will want to lay on eggs so we can have lots of babies 😄 

 

Future plans: Goats (maybe) pony (maybe) Lots more chickens. Meat kings (bigger chickens for uh, ya know. :') ) 

Momma cow will have a baby every year for the next 3 to 4 years. She's such a good momma ❤️

Pigs are also a maybe! 

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do it all lol It's a lot of work :sweat: But I enjoy it. I'd like to make an income from it someday. I already sell eggs through the summer, I lost a lot of my pretty birds though so I had to stop for the winter, that's why I have more coming. 

 My fiancé has been helping me quite a bit while he's had time off work though, which I am forever grateful for. I hate winter. lol

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
On 2/2/2021 at 6:48 AM, NerdCake said:

Why hello, I'm Jesseka, you can call me Jess. I live in NS, Canada (Very cold, winter makes having animals a struggle. lol) Last year we started out hobby farm and I have big plans for the future! 

So indoors we have: 

1 Cat (Diesel, grey 10 years old) 

2 Dogs (German Shepard/lab mix and a German Shepard/everything mix lol) 

4 guinea pigs! (2 girls in one cage and 2 boys in another cage) 

 

Outside: 

2 Cows, Momma and her baby. 

7 Chickens but I have an order in for 13 more in the spring. 

Also I hope one of my hens will want to lay on eggs so we can have lots of babies 😄 

 

Future plans: Goats (maybe) pony (maybe) Lots more chickens. Meat kings (bigger chickens for uh, ya know. :') ) 

Momma cow will have a baby every year for the next 3 to 4 years. She's such a good momma ❤️

Pigs are also a maybe! 

 

Wow, I’m both impressed and jealous 🦊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/15/2021 at 3:04 AM, Trappernicus said:

Wow, I’m both impressed and jealous 🦊

aha thanks! It's a lot of work but also a lot of fun. I've since added  8 chickens and a goat, she hangs out in the yard with me all day.  I'm also getting a bull in a couple months. :gooby:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NerdCake said:

aha thanks! It's a lot of work but also a lot of fun. I've since added  8 chickens and a goat, she hangs out in the yard with me all day.  I'm also getting a bull in a couple months. :gooby:

You’re getting a bull? No bull? Sorry, dad joke. I look forward to photos. I wonder how if it will be as difficult as my rooster can be at times. 🦊

9D9090BB-92B0-4518-956B-4CEA0A5C9CA5.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Trappernicus said:

You’re getting a bull? No bull? Sorry, dad joke. I look forward to photos. I wonder how if it will be as difficult as my rooster can be at times. 🦊

9D9090BB-92B0-4518-956B-4CEA0A5C9CA5.jpeg

No bull! :lol: hah my rooster is really chill he wouldn't let me handle him though, I wish I had of handled my chicks more but they hang around me but no touching lol the bull will only be hear until old enough for you know.. the end. :sweat:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, NerdCake said:

No bull! :lol: hah my rooster is really chill he wouldn't let me handle him though, I wish I had of handled my chicks more but they hang around me but no touching lol the bull will only be hear until old enough for you know.. the end. :sweat:

Sad. The bull is not a pet? Such is life. Will you do the deed or pay someone else to step in? 🦊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Trappernicus said:

Sad. The bull is not a pet? Such is life. Will you do the deed or pay someone else to step in? 🦊

I have someone coming but I'll be around I just don't know how to do the slicing part I rather a professional help me out. It doesn't bother me but I understand it does bother some. I've grown up in farm area though so I've grown desensitized to it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, NerdCake said:

I have someone coming but I'll be around I just don't know how to do the slicing part I rather a professional help me out. It doesn't bother me but I understand it does bother some. I've grown up in farm area though so I've grown desensitized to it. 

I'm not a vegetarian. I really enjoy eating meat. Just the middle part between the animal and the plate that erks me a little. If I had to I guess I could. 🦊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.