The End of Days and the Rapture

Trappernicus

For me it's Ragnarok.  Ragnarok is very dark (literally) and disturbing but if you pay attention and think about it, it's also very ordinary in that 'day-to-day' life horrible things like family betrayal and murder happen, there's often a battle or some war in the world and the other aspects of Ragnarok metaphorical for the end of life cycle and relevant environmental issues.  But at the end of Ragnarok there are two survivors, Magni and Modi who go away and recreate the world......something like that. I guess that's about life beginning, ending and beginning again, hope at the and and a re-creation. 

• Like 1

....also, I read A New Age by Eckhart Tolle.  A philosophy book inspired by the Revelations from the Bible.  Going by that and various other sources, Revelations isn't as bad as what most people think.  It points out that human society will get to a breaking point until the majority of people will become more educated and enlightened. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 6:55 AM, NikkiAngelus said:

They're preaching about the end of times every other time. Been there, done that.

Silly people really. The Bible states clearly that nobody will know when the end will take place. The6 can see the signs but still not know the exact date and time it will happen. 🦊

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 8:09 PM, Trappernicus said:

Silly people really. The Bible states clearly that nobody will know when the end will take place. The6 can see the signs but still not know the exact date and time it will happen. 🦊

True!  My mum used to say to me "the world ends every day for someone...." she wasn't very bright but I always thought that one thing she said was really profound.

10 hours ago, Karlos2006 said:

True!  My mum used to say to me "the world ends every day for someone...." she wasn't very bright but I always thought that one thing she said was really profound.

I really like that saying of your mothers. I could, if you don’t find it offensive, update that to say:

”Everyday the world either begins or ends for someone; the rest of us continue on as best we can”

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...