Tim Burton's Batman 89 is getting a digital comic

GothicChurro

the comic will take place in the 89 universe which also means batman returns as well, itll show us the robin we were suppose to have, billy dee williams two face, also poison ivy, harley quinn and batgirl. I am actually excited for this since I always wanted to see this universe expand. any batman fans here? if so who your favorite batman can be animated or live or video game. 

bat1.jpg

batman89.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Huge Batman (all of DC Comics) fan. I don't know how I feel about this comic yet. I'll wait till they start putting out the physical copies. I do love that they use the outfit from the figure though. My fear is it'll only be pandering to nostalgia, and skimp on story. A favourite Batman is so hard to pick. I guess I'd have to say Kevin Conroy, since when I read the comics that's the voice I hear in my head. They all have their positives and negatives...excluding Clooney. Hell, even the kid from Gotham did an amazing job with it I think. I love West too, the campy fun of The Time Batman Did a Lot of Drugs. Currently I'm re reading White Knight. Sean Murphy did such an amazing job I think capturing the feel of TaS, and modernizing it.

25 minutes ago, R0BINH00D1182 said:

Huge Batman (all of DC Comics) fan. I don't know how I feel about this comic yet. I'll wait till they start putting out the physical copies. I do love that they use the outfit from the figure though. My fear is it'll only be pandering to nostalgia, and skimp on story. A favourite Batman is so hard to pick. I guess I'd have to say Kevin Conroy, since when I read the comics that's the voice I hear in my head. They all have their positives and negatives...excluding Clooney. Hell, even the kid from Gotham did an amazing job with it I think. I love West too, the campy fun of The Time Batman Did a Lot of Drugs. Currently I'm re reading White Knight. Sean Murphy did such an amazing job I think capturing the feel of TaS, and modernizing it.

yeah sean murphy did a good job with batman. 

• 6 months later...

I used to enjoy everything Batman. I still watch a movie or play a video game every now and then. I liked the '89 universe, so I'm interested to see what becomes of this new series.

As for my favorite Batman, I'd have to say the Arkham video game series, especially Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, made me appreciate both him and his world more than any time before.

Which Batman do you like most and why?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 9:37 PM, DeathinDarkness said:

I used to enjoy everything Batman. I still watch a movie or play a video game every now and then. I liked the '89 universe, so I'm interested to see what becomes of this new series.

As for my favorite Batman, I'd have to say the Arkham video game series, especially Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, made me appreciate both him and his world more than any time before.

Which Batman do you like most and why?

I like keaton because he did a good job disguising his voice when he is batman. it felt like Batman Year one which was one of the influences to tim burton's batman film even tho Bruce was batman for two years. wouldve been cool to see how he became batman in the burton universe. also the comicbook batman 89 is actually really good. 

• Like 1

My favorite Batman used to be Kevin Conroy, but I think Bruce Greenwood surpassed him for me on Young Justice. Conroy is a bit more aggressive and emotionally stunted as to where Greenwood's portrayal is more sane and functional while also keeping this commanding, stoic presence to him. He's arguably a little less violent and more dignified than Kevin is.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 10:03 PM, GothicChurro said:

I like keaton because he did a good job disguising his voice when he is batman. it felt like Batman Year one which was one of the influences to tim burton's batman film even tho Bruce was batman for two years. wouldve been cool to see how he became batman in the burton universe. also the comicbook batman 89 is actually really good. 

Keaton's a great choice. I agree he played an excellent Batman. And I do enjoy reading a good comic book every now and then, so I may dive into Batman '89!