Im curious about what YOU do for Halloween?

BrokenAngel

@KuroTenshi Years ago when my husbands dad was still alive my husband was dressed in all black and I had painted his face and there was this OBNOXIOUS teen picking on the younger kids. So his dad is all to the kid I DARE you to go up to the big guy and touch him, hes not real what are you chicken? SO the kid walks up to my husband and goes toe to toe and proceeds to start pushing on his face and my husband moved kinda quick and growled and that kid RAN lol, tripped over the sprinkler head and peed his pants with all of his older kid friends there xD Needless to say they quit picking on the kids lol. We did get an egged car the next day but we had cleaned it up quick enough it hadnt done to much damage and was TOTALLY worth it lol. We always gave out candy to the trick or treaters and than watched movies and had so much fun as Halloween is also our wedding anniversary ❤️ 

When I was young it was great fun to dress up and go trick or treating. Looking for free junk food. I don't think any child even knows the real history of the English event All Hallows Eve. That was adopted by Americans and renamed Halloween.

These days, and as an older person living in a country that doesn't normally celebrate Halloween, I tend to just treat it like any other day. The local community does have a day they tend to celebrate. Usually on the day before the 30th as long as it's a Saturday. They close off the main street of town and shops set up things for kids to have fun with. Typical though the locally politically correct brigade demand that nobody dresses up too scary. Not wanting to upset or frighten children.

Also it's impossible to take photos of the event as people tend to go crazy screaming invasion of privacy. We do live in a crazy world. ☠️

• Love 1

4 hours ago, BrokenAngel said:

@KuroTenshi Years ago when my husbands dad was still alive my husband was dressed in all black and I had painted his face and there was this OBNOXIOUS teen picking on the younger kids. So his dad is all to the kid I DARE you to go up to the big guy and touch him, hes not real what are you chicken? SO the kid walks up to my husband and goes toe to toe and proceeds to start pushing on his face and my husband moved kinda quick and growled and that kid RAN lol, tripped over the sprinkler head and peed his pants with all of his older kid friends there xD Needless to say they quit picking on the kids lol. We did get an egged car the next day but we had cleaned it up quick enough it hadnt done to much damage and was TOTALLY worth it lol. We always gave out candy to the trick or treaters and than watched movies and had so much fun as Halloween is also our wedding anniversary ❤️ 

That's a great anniversary and a funny story. 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BrokenAngel said:

My husband and I were married 16 years ago on Halloween this past Halloween 🙂 Happy belated Anniversary! 

Our whole year basically leads up to our Halloversary so on November 1st we start saying Happy New years to people, I'm glad others also have good reason to celebrate 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...