New Iron Maiden

DungeonMaster

sounds very much like Brave New World. Out of the more recent albums, I think I like it more than Book of Souls, definitely not as much as Final Frontier or Matter of Life and Death. The riff at 5.30 in Lost World is ripped off from one of their other songs but I can't remember which - off of one of the post-Blaze albums. I'd recommend listening on Spotify as opposed to Youtube because Youtube has some weird compression thing going on that makes it sound muddy. Spotify is much clearer.

Stand-out tracks:
Stratego
Days of Future Past
The Parchment
Hell on Earth, which is basically a sequel to When the Wild Wind Blows. which means it's friggen awesome.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DungeonMaster said:

sounds very much like Brave New World. Out of the more recent albums, I think I like it more than Book of Souls, definitely not as much as Final Frontier or Matter of Life and Death. The riff at 5.30 in Lost World is ripped off from one of their other songs but I can't remember which - off of one of the post-Blaze albums. I'd recommend listening on Spotify as opposed to Youtube because Youtube has some weird compression thing going on that makes it sound muddy. Spotify is much clearer.

Stand-out tracks:
Stratego
Days of Future Past
The Parchment
Hell on Earth, which is basically a sequel to When the Wild Wind Blows. which means it's friggen awesome.

Thanks for sharing with us all your thoughts about Iron Maiden's new album! As someone who's not too familiar with their newer work, I appreciate your review. Based on your words, I may listen to this band again at some point in the near future!

On 9/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, DungeonMaster said:

What works of there's are you familiar with? I wouldn't necessarily jump into the new album if you're trying to get into them. I'd recommend the number of the beast or powerslave albums or, if you're more into punk, their self titled or killers. 

I'm mostly familiar with The Number of the Beast and a little of Piece of Mind. I definitely enjoy punk, so it looks like I'll be listening to their first two albums! Thanks for your suggestions!