• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DungeonMaster said:

run a few, play a few. 
co-DMing a WoD Dark Ages game
DMing a B/X game
playing in a 3.5 game
DMing a pathfinder game.

I've been playing for about 20 years now lol

Maybe we could organise a game? Not sure about dice roles and technical stuff. What do you think? 🦊

I've always wanted to play D&D but it wasn't popular in school when I was a kid.  Didn't know many people that were into it until I joined the roller derby league.  I attended 1 D&D night at a DVD/Music shop that also sold board games.  Was AWESOME!  Was my first complete D&D game and I really enjoyed it.  I liked it so much, when I got home I started working on my won D&D character! I went with a Celtic mythology theme and made mine a redcap.....got a bit cartoony with it though.

AndycapRedcap-14112020-KH.jpg

• Like 1

The lock clicks with a bell like sound and the ancient door slowly sings inward. On the other side dust and cobwebs are disturbed and a small could forms as the outside air flows in through the opening. The light that shines through the now open doorway illuminates a small room. Roughly 220 feet square. There appears to be seats on either side and a table next to a door the is directly across the room. The floor is tessellated in black and white squares. On each tile is an intricately drawn letter in Orc.

Oddly, there is a very slight smell of decay and baked bread. The sound of running water is louder now. There are ancient torches in special slots along the walls that haven't been used. On the table there appears to be a book, some rotting scrolls and a half melted candle. The rest of the room is in shadows and will require more light to investigate.

Game Information required to continue:
I need to know how many are in your party (max number of 5).
Name:
Race:
Level:
H/P:
Weapon:
Armour:
Special Items:

NB: The D.M. will role all random activities. The D.M. will have final say as to outcomes (but promises to be fair).

On 8/12/2021 at 3:47 AM, Diavolo said:

Wizard always. My favorite school is evocation. Love to be the Glass Cannon and the use of the spell "Familiar".

And you? What do you play?

Sorry haven't really been on here. In the campaign we're playing I basically am a Wood Elf Rogue/Warlock. Who was brought back from the dead and is now the race "Reborn" with Phantom Rogue and Undying as my Warlock Archetype. Basically I've created an elf version  of Constantine from DC. 

On 8/31/2021 at 7:28 AM, Trappernicus said:

I'm looking at learning how to use D&D Beyond to create a game. Early days yet. 🦊

I've just started a short campaign I wrote based on a location set in the DnD 5e universe but outside of the normal realms so I could use my own places. I used DnD Beyond as a place to build characters and my campaign but I only use it for characters not for playing the campaign 

So I've just started my own short campaign, first time DM'ing. It's based around the Sub Romano Brytonnic kingdoms as they dealt with the Anglo Saxon threat. So King Arthur basically but more historical than mythological. His name is not mentioned so they don't realise till the end.

The entire city is made up of only Paladins (with a few permitted multi classes - no rogues). All players are Paladins with multiclasses. They group into Knights and their squires and each knight is the Lord of a separate kingdom with their own revealable back story, some of which they know some of which is revealed by interaction with NPCs. 

The campaign starts with a grand jousting match (which I built mechanics for), whose end is interrupted by an invasion of barbarians (Anglo saxons). The players must beat off the invasion, then travel through a hazardous terrain filled with monsters beyond the city to track down the Kings kidnapped daughter, resulting in a massive battle at the end with many high level players. 

The whole campaign has a secret honour system based on your actions which dictates how big your reward is as to how much you hold to Paladin morals. There are also secret abandoned places where you can gain a personal level up based on how you get in there. Ie if you break down the door you gain a level of barbarian, if you lockpick you gain a level of Rogue. That kind of thing. 

The city etc and some of the mechanics are my own creation based on the history. I even have a Merlin character who skulks in the shadows making sure players don't do anything too mischievous.

Caer Cadarn.jpg

8 minutes ago, Redpaintblast said:

I've just started a short campaign I wrote based on a location set in the DnD 5e universe but outside of the normal realms so I could use my own places. I used DnD Beyond as a place to build characters and my campaign but I only use it for characters not for playing the campaign 

Your character sounds interesting. I’m old school so I’m not familiar with the “Reborn” race. Are you interested in the fragment map I Posted? It’s just a very basic foray into D&D. A small dungeon to get people into the game and see how we can work together. Nothing over a level 5 monster. With plenty of story and loot for the survivors.

Just now, Redpaintblast said:

So I've just started my own short campaign, first time DM'ing. It's based around the Sub Romano Brytonnic kingdoms as they dealt with the Anglo Saxon threat. So King Arthur basically but more historical than mythological. His name is not mentioned so they don't realise till the end.

The entire city is made up of only Paladins (with a few permitted multi classes - no rogues). All players are Paladins with multiclasses. They group into Knights and their squires and each knight is the Lord of a separate kingdom with their own revealable back story, some of which they know some of which is revealed by interaction with NPCs. 

The campaign starts with a grand jousting match (which I built mechanics for), whose end is interrupted by an invasion of barbarians (Anglo saxons). The players must beat off the invasion, then travel through a hazardous terrain filled with monsters beyond the city to track down the Kings kidnapped daughter, resulting in a massive battle at the end with many high level players. 

The whole campaign has a secret honour system based on your actions which dictates how big your reward is as to how much you hold to Paladin morals. There are also secret abandoned places where you can gain a personal level up based on how you get in there. Ie if you break down the door you gain a level of barbarian, if you lockpick you gain a level of Rogue. That kind of thing. 

The city etc and some of the mechanics are my own creation based on the history. I even have a Merlin character who skulks in the shadows making sure players don't do anything too mischievous.

Caer Cadarn.jpg

This map look well planned. Is this the area you would like to use for a campaign?

3 minutes ago, Trappernicus said:

Your character sounds interesting. I’m old school so I’m not familiar with the “Reborn” race. Are you interested in the fragment map I Posted? It’s just a very basic foray into D&D. A small dungeon to get people into the game and see how we can work together. Nothing over a level 5 monster. With plenty of story and loot for the survivors.

Reborn is very new, like a few months ago new. It's a lot of fun though.