Jump to content

Vampy Freaks Australian Embassy


Trappernicus
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

LOL  No, you're not the only Goth living in Australia.  But I've noticed on these sites the majority of people are from US, Canada or UK and a few from Europe.  But barely anyone from Australia.  When I was on VF in 2008 I noticed heaps of people from ACT on there!  Even a few from Townsvile.  But when I jumped back onto the Gothic internet all those people were gone!  😒

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, Karlos2006 said:

LOL  No, you're not the only Goth living in Australia.  But I've noticed on these sites the majority of people are from US, Canada or UK and a few from Europe.  But barely anyone from Australia.  When I was on VF in 2008 I noticed heaps of people from ACT on there!  Even a few from Townsvile.  But when I jumped back onto the Gothic internet all those people were gone!  😒

 

Wow. Did they get old and change their identification or die? Just asking. 🦊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL  😆I think they moved.  Canberra's improved a lot but is still conservative.  Also, it's a satellite city where the majority of people move here for work (not the lifestyle) and after a while they move back to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.  When  I was  kid the majority of people I went to school with were from Sydney.  They had families there and would brag about how much more exciting it is.  I'd say I was born in Townsville and they would turn their nose up despite not knowing anything about it....funny thing is that pretty much sums up the core attitude of the people of Canberra I grew up with.  Ha!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Karlos2006 said:

LOL  😆I think they moved.  Canberra's improved a lot but is still conservative.  Also, it's a satellite city where the majority of people move here for work (not the lifestyle) and after a while they move back to Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.  When  I was  kid the majority of people I went to school with were from Sydney.  They had families there and would brag about how much more exciting it is.  I'd say I was born in Townsville and they would turn their nose up despite not knowing anything about it....funny thing is that pretty much sums up the core attitude of the people of Canberra I grew up with.  Ha!

Well I felt obligated to do search for what a Conservative Gothic looks like and found this image.

BTW I’m a Trump supporter. 🦊

BCF059A6-B0BF-4C3D-9CA9-3A5BB740C4D2.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Canberra's conservative in the way that everyone is expected to behave in a particular way, there's no displaying of emotion, enthusiasm or personality.  We're only supposed to like certain things and anything outside that realm is unknown or wrong.  That's the attitude I grew up with.  It's better now because the local government were pushing to have people move here and work but eventually when you get a population from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and around the world you're going to attract different types of people.  Also, they're going to want to do more than work, play sport or watch football, eat meat pies and fart.  LOL  So yeah, it's improved a lot since I was young but still....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just thought of a good example of what Canberra's like, observation and communication is bad.  For example, in 2013 the ANU (Australian National University) held a Manga/Animae Convention.  I heard of it, there were posters around the campus about it, pretty sure FB advertised it.  Anyway I went to it and really enjoyed it.  Afterwards I asked a friend who studies at ANU and is a fan, if she went and her response was "What?"  LOL  I can't explain what's wrong with Canberra people but there are signs, advertisements, posters around about stuff people would like but they're completely oblivious to it.  I come across this heaps of times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Karlos2006 said:

Just thought of a good example of what Canberra's like, observation and communication is bad.  For example, in 2013 the ANU (Australian National University) held a Manga/Animae Convention.  I heard of it, there were posters around the campus about it, pretty sure FB advertised it.  Anyway I went to it and really enjoyed it.  Afterwards I asked a friend who studies at ANU and is a fan, if she went and her response was "What?"  LOL  I can't explain what's wrong with Canberra people but there are signs, advertisements, posters around about stuff people would like but they're completely oblivious to it.  I come across this heaps of times.

Could it be that when something becomes too main stream people ignore it? I might add that it's not just Canberrian's who can be oblivious. I've noticed many people live insular lives and are unaware of things outside their bubble. 🦊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah....at least not quite.  It's been point out to me that majority of Canberrans tend to be 'clicky.'  Roller Derby was really popular when it started, you couldn't get tickets to a game unless you booked weeks in advance.  After a few years it got quiet to the point where you could just walk into the stadium at 1/2 time and still get tickets.  It's starting to pick up again and I think because of lockdown people are starved for sports and entertainment so the recent games we've had have been packed!  😃 Yeah, you're right.  I've noticed that too but was hoping it was just here.  Ha,ha!  I always thought I was just being a whinging bitchh when I noticed it until two of my relatives comment on it....then I realised I was onto something. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.