Human Composting Funeral 😱

Pete

Im not sure if you guys have read or heard about human composting funeral homes. Human composting also known as natural organic reduction. Once you die, your corpse in placed in a vessel that mixed with wood chips, straw, alfafa,  and other bacteria that love to eat on the organic matter 😬

Seattle is the first in the US to have this kind of burial anyway.

How do you feel about this? Would you ever choose this type of funeral either for yourself or for loved ones?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pete said:

Im not sure if you guys have read or heard about human composting funeral homes. Human composting also known as natural organic reduction. Once you die, your corpse in placed in a vessel that mixed with wood chips, straw, alfafa,  and other bacteria that love to eat on the organic matter 😬

Seattle is the first in the US to have this kind of burial anyway.

How do you feel about this? Would you ever choose this type of funeral either for yourself or for loved ones?

id consider it. its better than going in the ground and floating in water for the remainder of my decomposition. before covid interrupted my plans, i was studying to be a funeral director. one of the secrets you learn is there is no such thing as an air tight or sealed casket. its just a marketing ploy to sell. so regardless, if you are being buried - your casket is going to fill with water.

We all float down there...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/1/2021 at 6:56 PM, Raynu said:

id consider it. its better than going in the ground and floating in water for the remainder of my decomposition. before covid interrupted my plans, i was studying to be a funeral director. one of the secrets you learn is there is no such thing as an air tight or sealed casket. its just a marketing ploy to sell. so regardless, if you are being buried - your casket is going to fill with water.

We all float down there...

First off, I'm sorry to learn about your interrupted plans. I hope you can still become a funeral director.

Also, this information is interesting, Raynu. No sealed casket, huh? I never imagined floating corpses after death. What an interesting world in which we all live.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 12:03 AM, DeathinDarkness said:

First off, I'm sorry to learn about your interrupted plans. I hope you can still become a funeral director.

Also, this information is interesting, Raynu. No sealed casket, huh? I never imagined floating corpses after death. What an interesting world in which we all live.

sorry for the late response. wild, isnt it ? 🙂

• Like 1

I remembered this from a favourite book of mine “Watermelon Sugar” by Braughtigan.

There were four or five guys putting in the tomb. They were the Tomb Crew. The tomb was being put into the bottom of the river. That's how we bury our dead here. Of course we used a lot less tombs when the tigers were in bloom. But now we bury them all in glass coffins at the bottoms of rivers and put foxfire in the tombs, so they glow at night and we can appreciate what comes next. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...